Thursday, November 27, 2014

Shelter Dogs

Kimmy here with my take on Wendy's colorful, fun page.


I used horizontal photos instead, but I loved her journaling cluster on the corner of the photos and the sideways title with a sprinkling of embellies, and the bright colors of course! Mine is composed mostly of Heidi Swapp products from the September Skies line. 

The subject of my page is near & dear to my heart. I've been volunteering at the local shelter, photographing the animals and posting them on their Facebook page to try and increase the adoption rates and it's working! We have adopted out almost 30 animals since October and no adoptable animals have been euthanized. Our shelter only has so much space so moving these animals quickly is priority. In the past they were adopting out 1 or 2 PER MONTH, you can imagine what that meant for the rest of them. So our newly formed Friends of the Shelter group (started by my best friend Rachel) has really made a difference. We are working towards becoming a nonprofit so we can apply for grants and expand out shelter which currently only has 12 dog kennels.  

The dogs in these photos Rocket (top) & Lola were both adopted. Rocket was adopted by one of my 4th grade students after I shared his photo at school. This type of work is hard (I want to cry every time I leave the shelter) , but brings joy to my heart when I know I've made a difference. 

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! 


Here's Wendy's page again for more inspiration!


Please play along and share your work with us! 


                                                                     ~Kimmy

1 comment:

  1. I love your bright page and the story of these animals and your work of the shelter!! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete